Monday, July 14, 2008

Update.

We are still sitting on our paper work.

It turns out that there are some very serious things one must consider when adopting a child. Real world questions about life and death. Grown-up things about money and stability. Questions that, at times, seem to require a crystal ball. So, we’re taking our time and trying to really think through these tricky, tricky questions. I’ve been spending a lot of time in conversation with my husband, my head tilted and me saying things like, “Hmmm….” I’m also spending a lot of time in conversation with God, eyes toward the sky, me saying things like, “A little louder now, Lord…” And, “…Really?!?”

That’s our posture right now. We’re standing still. We’re thinking. We're slightly perplexed. We’re anxious, but we realize that some things can’t be rushed.

No comments: